Tim Cook took the stage once again. And we expected more products. This time, Apple gave us some great upgraded versions of the Apple Watch and iPad. No, the iPhone is not here yet, but you can still be excited..
Tim Cook took the stage once again. And we expected more products. This time, Apple gave us some great upgraded versions of the Apple Watch and iPad. No, the iPhone is not here yet, but you can still be excited because these two products are totally worth a buy.
Related: WWDC 2020—iOS 14 with Siri improvements, macOS Big Sur, and more
Starting with the new Apple Watch Series 6 with a blood oxygen sensor, Apple announced some of the best iPad advancements ever made. It was overall an event entirely focused on the new-gen requirements in tech. Even for those who are into Apple yet, the entire lineup with its software updates and service plans will make you want to switch. Let’s take a detailed look at everything that was announced.
Apple Watch Series 6
Apple Watch has been helping people take more control over their lives. Whether it’s used to track your heart rate or as a daily smart helper, Apple Watch has been doing what it promises in the best way possible. This year, the watchOS 7 is taking this one step further with sleep tracking, handwashing, and VO2 max measuring. Just like every year, the new Apple Watch Series 6 takes it up a notch with a smarter design and display.
– This new Apple Watch is more colorful than ever.
– It will come in some amazing colors such as Blue with an Aluminum Case, Gold, Gray, and bright Red.
– It’s a great new tool for your overall well-being because it has a new health sensor that can measure your blood oxygen right from your wrist. You can take this measurement in just 15 seconds.
– If you wear your Apple Watch to bed, it can actually track your measurements in the background and record all of it in the Health App.
– Apple Silicon S6 chip has a purpose-built design for the Apple Watch, inspired by the Bionic chip of the iPhone 11 optimized for Apple Watch.
– Thanks to the S6 chip, the display is two and a half times brighter when you are outdoors, without needing to wake up.
– The Watch Faces have some great new designs. The GMT face displays multiple timezones, the Count-Up face tracks lap times, and the Chronograph Time face tracks time travel. There’s also the custom artist made face, Typograph face, Memoji face, and Stripes face to support your favorite team or country.
- Apple Watch Series 6 Faces
– There are Watch Faces catered to specific professions such as surfing, photography, and healthcare.
– The Solo Loop is the new interchangeable strap that is flexible and waterproof. It’s available in seven colors.
– There’s also a Solo Loop braided strap to add some extra dimension to your strap favorites. It’s available in five colors.
– The new Apple Watch comes with Family Setup so you can set up an Apple Watch for those who don’t have an iPhone.
– There’s also a School Time mode for kids to ensure they are not distracted during school or study hours.
– This Watch starts at $399, with orders starting today.
Apple Watch SE
– It has everything you need to stay connected and keep track of your health.
– It uses the S5 chip for up to 2x faster performance than Series 3.
– It’s got the same fitness and features—such as fall detection as the Series 6.
– This Watch starts for $279, with orders starting today.
All Apple Watches are carbon neutral, like every Apple product, to reduce their carbon footprint by 35%. In fact, Apple says that it will be 100% carbon neutral by 2030. The Series 6 uses 100% recycled tungsten in the Taptic Engine. Apple Watch is also free of BFR, PVC, Beryllium, and Mercury. The USB power adapter is being removed from the Apple Watch Series 6.
A new service by Apple to keep you fit right from your Apple Watch. With Fitness+, you simply choose the workout you want to do from your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV.
As soon as you start your workout video, the Watch starts automatically and tracks your data along the way. When the workout is over, you get a comprehensive summary. It’s launching with the most popular workout types.
- Strength Training
- Mindful Cooldowns
You’ll get fresh new workouts every week from the Apple Fitness+ team.
This service is priced at $9.99 per month, and $79.99 per year (family included for five family members).
It includes all of your Apple services, listed below, at once.
- Apple Music
- Apple TV+
- Apple Arcade
- Apple News+
- Apple Fitness+
The plan comes for $14.95/month for an individual (50 GB of iCloud) and $14.95 for the family (200 GB of iCloud) and $29.95/month for premier accounts (2 TB of iCloud).
iPad 8th Generation
Apple iPad has been helping users combine work and play at the same time. It’s been a handy device for working on the go as well as studying and so much more. Today, Apple launched a new line of Apple iPad starting with the 8th Generation.
- iPad 8th Generation with the Apple Pencil
– It has a 10.2″ Retina Display.
– It has a 40% faster CPU and 2x faster graphics (for high-resolution content or gaming).
– It’s twice as fast as the top-selling Windows laptop, three times faster than an Android tablet, and six times faster than Chromebook.
– It can process up to five trillion operations per second with the A12 bionic chip.
– It works with a full-size touch keyboard and those from Logitech.
– It also works with the Apple Pencil to make taking notes so much easier.
– The price starts at $329 and $299 for students, starting today.
The New iPad Air
– It features a beautiful all-screen display with a precisely machined top button.
– Its new colors include Rose Gold, Green, and more.
- iPad Air design
– It has a 10.9-inch liquid Retina display with 2,360 x 1,650 resolution.
– It has fully laminated, True Tone, anti-reflective coating.
– The next-generation Touch ID is integrated into the top button.
– It comes with a small fingerprint sensor and a sapphire crystal lens.
– The new iPad Air will use a five-nanometer chip with 11.8 billion transistors in the A14.
– Its six-core design chip (two high, four low) has a 40% performance improvement over the last iPad Air.
– The iPad comes with a new GPU as well.
– The new iPad Air comes with USB-C for faster data transfer.
– The front camera is 7MP for high-quality video calls.
– The back has a 12MP camera, like the iPad Pro, for enhanced pictures and videos.
– The speaker system will give you stereo audio while watching movies or sports.
– The new iPad Air starts at $599, available next month.
All the software announcements from WWDC 2020 will go live tomorrow, starting with iOS 14, iPadOS 14, watchOS 7, and more.
Coming back to the two product lines we saw today, which one of these is your favorite? Do you like the oxygen sensor in the Apple Watch Series 6 or the super glam iPad Air? Share with us in the comments below.
Want more tech news, reviews, and guides from Gadget Flow? Follow us on Google News, Feedly, and Flipboard. If you’re using Flipboard, you should definitely check out our Curated Stories. We publish three new stories every day, so make sure to follow us to stay updated!